The Exchange hotel, Hindley Street Adelaide, South Australia when Charles Arthur Goldfinch was licensee on June 27 1930. It was a two storey building with a wide verandah upstairs and a balcony decorated with iron lace.
There was a hotel on this site since 1839, which underwent several name changes until its demolition in February 1960. The pub was located on the east corner of Gresham Street and Hindley Street and had a frontage of 17 yards.
Photo: State Library of South Australia.
Old Exchange Identities
The late Mr. C. W. Hackett (on the left), and Mr. Watts Newland, who were old habitues of the dining room at the historic Exchange Hotel, Hindley street, Adeldaide. Mr Hackett sat in the same place for 42 years.
– Adelaide Observer Saturday 23 February 1918.