OLD HOTEL GOES TO MAKE WAY FOR SCHOOL
The former Golden Fleece Hotel in Albury was demolished in 1939 to make way for a school playground. The pub was located in David Street, and was demolished, along with a few cottages, to extend the grounds of the Albury Infants Public School.
The historic hotel had been previously de-licensed in 1921 before the bulldozers moved in. The picture published in the Border Morning Mail on January 6 1939, shows workmen stacking bricks from the old hotel during demolition.
Categories: NSW hotels