THE Golden Grove Hotel sat on the corner of Alma and Raglan Streets at Darlington, Sydney. The pub was established in 1880 and traded for 74 years before its license was transfered to Maroubra on October 22 1954 to make way for the expansion of the Sydney University. The last publican was Archie John Mills. The delicensed pub was demolished when the first major university building in Darlington was built for civil engineering in 1962. Streets were built over or realigned, with Alma Street and parts of Darlington Road forming a new Maze Crescent.
The Golden Grove Hotel, Darlington