Bee in Ear
Just before the gong was to be sounded for Christmas dinner at the Arno Bay Hotel (SA) the waitress went to the tank to obtain a jug of water for the table, when a bee flew into her ear. She suffered excruciating pain. It was found necessary to take her to Cleve, where Dr. Clarkson removed the insect. As a consequence, dinner was delayed till 2.15 p.m.
–Port Lincoln Times (SA )Thursday 3 January 1946.
Arno Bay is a small fishing and tourist town on the east coast of Eyre Peninsula in South Australia, located on the Lincoln Highway about halfway between Whyalla and Port Lincoln.
Categories: South Australia Hotels
What's Your Thoughts?