The Commercial Hotel, Picton
SYDNEY, February 22.
John Procter, licencee of the Commercial Hotel, Picton died suddenly last night, and at the inquest to-day a verdict that death was due to heart failure accelerated by alcohol was returned. From the evidence of the barman it appeared that for months past Proctor’s daily consumption of liquor had been a bottle and a half of whisky, one bottle of wine, half a dozen glasses of liqueur, and 10 quarts of beer.
– The Register (Adelaide, SA) Tuesday 23 February 1904.
Categories: Australian Hotels, NSW hotels
What's Your Thoughts?